Here We Go Again


Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. I hope it's good for you, wherever you are. 


Let's talk, shall we…. 


Friday afternoon I lost my teaching job. March 1,  2024… I was terminated. I have had quite a few blows this year and we are only in the 3rd freaking month. 


The day after I wrote my last post, I was hospitalized. Although I wrote that I was feeling better that was so far from the truth. It was something I was telling myself just to make it through. 


January went like this: a close uncle passed away, my car broke down, and I got super sick but tried to maintain so I could make it through his funeral back east. When I got back home… my body shut down. 


February went like this: I had to change my life in order to heal. I was doing okay. Actually started feeling better… like myself. Then another uncle passed away. He is getting buried today and I am not there to say my final goodbyes. I will however hold onto the moments we shared in January at my other uncle's funeral. 


March started with me losing my job. 


Apparently, I wasn't the right fit and I am too emotional under the opinion of the new director of my school. I dare say given what I had been put through in the last 60 days, you’d have to be an emotional cripple not to feel anything during this time. 


The fact is though, I wasn't renewing my contract at the end of the school year. I did not like the new director at all. I didn't like how she was running the school, how she played favorites, wanted a clique to be up her ass, and how the health of her staff and students were not a priority. I lost my job the day after I aired these grievances. Which she said wasn't the cause yet that very talk was brought up as to why I was being let go. 


All-in-all though… This bandaid just got ripped off a lot sooner than I wanted it to. 


I wanted to finish my year with my students and have something else lined up before ending this job, but looking at it now, I couldn't apply for anything knowing that it would be months before I could start. 


I am truly devastated with how I was let go because  I can't even say goodbye to my students and their parents. The only silver lining is knowing I have parents and co-workers on my side, and that they understand I would have never left this way. 


I had been telling myself that by this time next year… I will no longer be teaching because a) I will have either another job that makes me utterly happy or my book series will be what financially sustains me. It's funny how things I want, happen, even if it's not the way I wanted them to happen. And, well… those goals still stand… even more so now! 


It's such a cliche thing to say but I feel like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. I am at the starting line. I am rebuilding and reinventing. 


I know what I want and now I just need to figure out how to get there… or it… or both for that matter. 


I am… like I have said before... Just ready for the good times to come. 


Tomorrow starts a new week and I am going to make the most of it. I am going to exercise, journal, edit my second book, clean my apartment, do a little self-care, revamp my resume, and look for a job. I am going to rise from all this bullshit. By the end, I hope I am unrecognizable to my old self. 


Not to mention I am packing for an upcoming trip and getting a new tattoo. This might not be the best time for either but the way I see things now… I only have one life and I need to continue living it as if the blows don't hurt as badly. 


I will overcome. I will succeed. I will make my dreams come true. 


Hope you all have a beautiful week and I love you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleepless Nights at The Chateau...Visualize

Music is Life

Into The Wild